An pre-Valentine's event to come to with your partner
Feb 11th and 12th, 2017
with Bridget Belgrave and Ruud Baanders
at Wytham Village Hall, Oxford
• Would you like to refresh and re-energize your relationship?
• Would you enjoy a unique form of ‘quality time’ together?
• Do you value non-judgmental, caring and honest communication in your relationship?
• Would you like to explore whether NVC is supporting or interfering with your connection, and adjust so that it works for both of you?
Join us for this
special weekend to experience a RelationshiFt together.
What we will do
In this workshop we will share with you insights, processes and tools that we use to encourage new life to continually emerge in our relationship.
We will be working on developing non-judgmental, mutually respectful and deeply loving relationships.
We will not be focusing on NVC skills development exercises. However we will offer on Day 1 a short NVC introduction for anyone who does not know NVC, so everyone knows the overview and key terminology of NVC.
There will be a range of activities such as: speaking, listening, walking outdoors, using imagination and intuition, sensing and playing.
We will jointly create an atmosphere of care and trust to explore our relationship journeys in a collaborative environment.
This event is suitable for couples, where at least one person in the couple has experience with Nonviolent Communication (NVC).
For example, you could be:
- One who loves NVC and the other is irritated by it
- One is learning NVC and the other is pleased about this, but does not want to learn it themselves
- One is deeply into an NVC journey and the other wants to be alongside them without going into it so deeply
- Both have experience with NVC and would like support in getting beyond the technical practices to living from the underlying intentions
- One has learned some NVC and you both feel like coming!
The workshop is not designed for couples in crisis.
You’ll go home with new ways to:
- Create conversations that are important to you
- Notice when using NVC triggers you, and choose how to handle that
- Use a connecting and effective way to listen to each others judgments
- Take responsibility for your own needs
- Handle friction and conflict creatively
- Express “I love you" in a way that feels true for you
- And much more!
The workshop is non-residential. We can recommend accommodation nearby.
This workshop will take place on the edge of the unique village of Wytham, which is a haven of rural peace, though only 4 miles from Oxford City Centre.
Saturday: 10am to 6pm. At 6pm we invite you to the pub for a drink on us, and informal sharing.
Sunday: 9.30am to 4.30pm.
We ask participants to bring lunch to share for both days.
Group size: 8 to 16 participants. Book early to be sure of a place.
Fees per person:
Early Bird until Dec 1st: £165 (concessions), £195 (standard rate), £225 (high income)
After Dec 1st: £185 (concessions), £215 (standard rate), £245 (high income)
N.B. The workshop is not designed for couples in crisis.
Before Dec 1st: A £50 deposit per person will secure your place. The balance will be due by Dec 1st.
After Dec 1st:
Full fee is payable on booking.
Use the "Booking Form Request” (top left of this page) to receive a booking form.
NB: To secure your places we need booking forms and payments from both of you within 5 days of each other.
Travel and Accommodation:
By train: The venue is a 10 minute taxi ride from Oxford train station (approx £12). Let us know if you want to share a taxi with other participants.
On foot/bike: 3 miles from the train station, 4 miles from Oxford City Centre.
By car: 3 minutes from the Oxford Ring Road (A34/A420 junction). Plenty of free parking.
By air: Oxford is one hour by train from Southampton or Birmingham International airports, and 90 minutes by a frequent bus service from London Heathrow airport.
Accommodation: We recommend High Hedges B&B from £40 single, £80 double (3 miles from the venue). There is also a YHA Youth Hostel next to the train station from £40 per night for two people,. Of course there are lots of other options of where to stay in and around Oxford. Try www.booking.com or www.oxfordbedbreakfast.co.uk